It’s that time again when I like to share with you our frugal, financial and home goals for the month ahead.
After an unproductive start to the year I’m determined to get back on track this month, the blue sky today has turned my thoughts to Spring which is my favourite time of year for having a good clear out, not only of our home but of my mind and our finances as well.
Last year I focussed a lot on de-cluttering so this year I want to focus on home improvement, on a budget of course.
FrugalMrW and I find it a lot easier to break down our goals into monthly chunks, this way we don’t get too overwhelmed, this system works really well for us and we’ve been much more productive because of it.
Frugal & Financial Goals
- Reduce heating costs (Layers, close doors, heat only the rooms we use)
- Pay £70 extra towards our debts.
- Don’t buy any takeaways at all.
- Have at least 2 no spend days per week.
- Celebrate Valentines day on a budget.
- Cancel phone contract.
- Look for things we can sell that we no longer use.
- Buy felt & fix shed roof (carried over from last month)
- Deep clean upstairs bathroom.
- De-clutter kids bedrooms (donate/sell toys no longer used)
- Clear the dead leaves from front garden.
- Tidy up back garden.
I feel positive about our goals for this month, they all look achievable as long as we don’t get a ton of snow.
I will back at the end of the month to tell you how we get on, do you set yourself goals every month ? leave me a comment below I love hearing from you.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles from FreeDigitalPhotos.net