5 Simple Ways To Cheer Someone Up This January

January can be a really tough month, Christmas is over and the warmer months seem an age away. Sometimes it’s hard to feel cheery when the weather outside is cold and damp. I usually hate January but this year I’ve decided to turn that around and find ways to feel better about it. I started thinking about some things that would cheer me up and in turn what I could do to cheer someone else up.

Here are five ideas that I’ve come up with, they are all low cost and budget friendly.

1.Write a letter just to say hello or to let someone know how much you appreciate them. Getting a lovely letter in the post instead of a bill would certainly cheer someone up this month.

2.Buy a bunch of flowers for someone just because. A beautiful bunch of flowers in a vase will help cheer any room up and be a reminder that it will soon be Spring.

3.Invite someone round for a meal. I’m someone who definitely expresses my love through food it’s a great way to make someone feel better.

4.Spread some cheer on social media. The world can be a crappy place sometimes but there’s no need to dwell on it. Share a heart warming story or a motivational quote. It could help someone change their outlook if they are feeling down.

5.Tell someone how much they mean to you and why. When you are feeling down it’s easy to forget about the wonderful qualities you posses. Hearing them from someone else can be just the boost you need.

1. January 10, 2017 / 9:51 am

What wonderful ideas. I’d love it if someone bought me a bunch of flowers out of the blue, it would really put a smile on my face. I have a friend going through some stuff at the moment so I might pop something in the post to her to tell her I’m thinking of her, thanks for the inspiration x
    Anne recently posted…Christmas Presents – Did We Do Well?My Profile

2. January 10, 2017 / 11:15 am

Yay, such lovely sentiments, I try to do all of these things in my daily life anyway and I have to say that January has been the best start to the year I’ve ever had, I’m not ordinarily this cheery but I think a certain man has put a pretty big spring in my step! #tuesdaytreasures
    mandy charlton recently posted…Put Your Questions to Mr FranceMy Profile

3. January 10, 2017 / 1:16 pm

Lovely ideas! A message or flowers can do wonders. I’ve a January Birthday so get a little boost this month anyway but this year I’ve lots of other exciting things to look forward too. #TuesdayTreasures

4. January 10, 2017 / 9:00 pm

This is such a sweet post. I have actually just set two dates for having people round for dinner just because its nice to have something to look forward to after the craziness of the holidays, plus its my way of keeping an unofficial resolution I made to myself to actually do more things with our friends. Xx #tuesdaytreasures

5. January 10, 2017 / 10:25 pm

Blogging about positive things will help too! šŸ™‚ Thank you Angela for sharing these great tips! #TuesdayTreasures

6. January 11, 2017 / 8:27 pm

#tuesdaytreasures oh I love this and think they are fab every all year around. I love buying flowers for no reason and letter writing is always a winner

7. January 14, 2017 / 9:43 pm

Thats just lovely Angela – super, simple ideas which would certainly brighten my day if someone did them for me. I’m having a fairly rubbish January so far, so hopefully someone will cheer me up soon! #TuesdayTreasures thanks for hosting x

8. January 16, 2017 / 10:44 am

Oh I love posts like this Angela. You are so lovely and so right to keep your pecker up in this cold, bitter month.