Word Of The Week – Birthday

This week saw my youngest, Jake turn three. On Sunday we celebrated his birthday a couple of days early with a little party at home. We were so lucky as the weather was beautiful meaning we could take the party outside into the garden.

We don’t have a large family so having them all come together to celebrate with us meant a lot to me. Jake doesn’t have any little friends of his own yet but I’m sure that will change once he starts nursery.

Jake had a wonderful time, playing outside, eating pizza and cake. He even got to open some of his presents early. He was well and truly shattered once everyone went home.

On Monday night Jake went to bed as a two year old for the last time. Tuesday morning came quickly and he couldn’t wait to race downstairs and open his presents. He soon got to work tearing off the wrapping paper and opening his cards. He loved his balance bike and the Batman and Spiderman Duplo we had chosen for him.

After a quick whizz around the living room on his bike he was ready for his birthday breakfast of pancakes. In our house you get to choose a special breakfast on your birthday. I did feel a little sad as Daddy had to work and it was a school day for Daisy so Jake was stuck at home with boring Mummy for the day.

Once home from the school run, we got to work building the Duplo together. The rest of Jake’s birthday was spent playing and he even got to have another birthday cake which made him very happy indeed.

So now he is three and we eagerly await news of an early nursery place. He is more than ready to start his next big adventure.

Birthdays have also been the topic of conversation between Chris and I this week. I turn 40 in November and I’m still undecided as to how I want to celebrate (commiserate). I’ve settled on a night away on my actual birthday and family meal on the Sunday. I’m leaving it up to Chris to book somewhere nice.

1. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) May 12, 2017 / 7:35 am

Happy birthday to Jake! We have the same birthday. Sounds like he had a lovely party and having lots of birthday cake is always good! Good luck with his nursery place šŸ™‚ #WotW

2. Anne May 12, 2017 / 10:53 am

Happy Belated Birthday to Jake, I’m glad he had a lovely time, I think 3 is such a fantastic age, their personality really begins to shine. I hope you enjoy your 40th birthday and make it really special. I spent mine fairly quiet as I had a little 3 month old baby to care for. x
    #WOTW
    Anne recently posted…Word of the Week – RollercoasterMy Profile

3. Karen May 12, 2017 / 11:19 am

Happy Birthday to your young man šŸ˜€

4. The Reading Residence May 12, 2017 / 11:41 am

Happy belated birthday to Jake! Sounds like he’s had a great week and fun presents. Fun to be planning your 40th, too – mine’s zooming up on me now! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x
    The Reading Residence recently posted…Word of the Week 12/5/17My Profile

5. Louisa May 12, 2017 / 1:26 pm

Happy birthday Jake. I always think the leap from 2 to 3 seems massive but it is such an exciting time of growth and change for them. It sounds like you all had a lovely celebration #wotw

6. mummy here and there May 13, 2017 / 3:38 pm

Happy birthday to Jake, my 3yo had a similar balloon and loved it over his toys, lol X #wotw

7. Jane - Our Little Escapades May 14, 2017 / 8:12 pm

Happy Birthday! We have a little lady turning three this year too and I really don’t know what to do to celebrate. Work day birthdays too. It sounds like he had a great time though. Lets not mention forty ;0) #WotW