I won’t sugar coat it, March for me has been a bit shit. Months of stress and anxiety caught up with me and knocked me off my feet. I’m working on reducing the stress and trying to use techniques I’ve learnt to help with the anxiety. It’s going to be a long road to recovery for me and taking it one day at a time doesn’t come naturally.
I totally blame Tom Hardy for this rubbish month as I didn’t like the photo of him on my calendar for March. Joking aside it’s made me take a long hard look at my lifestyle and pushed me to make some changes I had been putting off.
Of course there’s been some positives in March. As much as I do try to focus on the good parts I feel it’s also important to embrace the bad. So I’m sharing a mixture of what the Month of March brought us.
- We visited a local farm to spot the first signs of Spring.
- Daisy had an eye test at school which needs a follow-up appointment.
- We watched loads of great new films including Moana which I think is the best film I’ve ever seen.
- I had to turn away work due to feeling so stressed.
- We had some lovely Sunny days which meant lots of garden time.
- I managed to dry lots of washing on the line on said Sunny days.
- I had a wonderful child-free afternoon at Bygone Times.
- Daisy celebrated World Book Day at school dressed as Rapunzel.
- Jake got over his fear of having a bath, hallelujah !
- Daisy got an ear infection and needed lots of cuddles.
- I cut my working hours right back and enjoyed some much needed time with Chris in the evenings instead.
- Daisy moved up a reading level which means a trip to year 1’s classroom to change her book.
- Red nose day was celebrated with crazy hair and joke telling at school.
- Jake and I went to a maths workshop in Daisy’s class.
- We saved lots of money by Spring cleaning our finances and embracing frugality again.
I’m hoping with all the changes I have been making that April will be a better month for us. I’m looking forward to the Easter holidays, visiting family and eating Easter eggs.