I can’t believe I haven’t written one these posts since January ! Although I’ve been busy increasing my income I’m still taking the time be as frugal as possible. Here are my five frugal things for May.
- I have been line drying as much as possible this month. It’s amazing how much electric we save when we don’t use the tumble dryer as much. I’m also checking the clothes that go in the laundry basket to make sure it is actually dirty. If I think we can get one more wear out of it then it doesn’t go in. This is helping to avoid unnecessary wash loads.
- Instead of spending money on the weekends we have been making the most of the garden and staying home. We have also used the time to sell lots of things we weren’t using. I have a blog post coming soon about all the ways we have made extra money in May.
- Our television package was due for renewal, we have been on a pretty good deal so far. Chris phoned them more than willing to totally cancel if they couldn’t match our current offer. They went one better and actually reduced the payments further. I know the most frugal thing to do would be to cancel completely but we do make use of it so are willing to pay as long as it stays cheap.
- I won a £100 shopping voucher last month and used it to stock up. This will save us money from our weekly shopping budget.
- I’ve started checking Freecycle and Freegle regularly again for anything we might need. I got a brand new packet of printer cartridges for our printer that would have cost us over £20.