For the last few weeks Daisy and Jake haven’t been eating the bananas I buy, Daisy goes through phases with fruit loving something one week and barely touching it the next and Jake has never been a banana lover and I was getting fed up of wasting them so I’ve been looking for ways to use them in recipes instead.
I found a really simple recipe for Banana Muffins, Daisy helped me make them and both the little ones wolfed them down afterwards.
200g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large mashed bananas (over-ripe are best)
150g caster sugar
75g melted butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / gas mark 4
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda & the salt
- Combine the egg, sugar, mashed banana & melted butter then fold in the flour mixture
- Spoon evenly into muffin cases (I use silicon ones because they are brilliant)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes (they should spring back lightly at touch when ready)