April hasn’t been the happiest of months, Chris’s mum took ill and sadly passed away. As you can imagine it’s a really difficult time and we are trying to keep everything as normal as we can for the kids. Although I usually choose to share only the good parts of the month it somehow didn’t seem right not to write this post without acknowledging the sad times too.
We did enjoy some beautiful weather in April and I also got lots of niggling house jobs done that have been on the list for ages.
Here’s what we got up to in April.
- We went to Sefton Park in Liverpool.
- The kids had their hair cut.
- We celebrated Easter.
- I read three books, To Kill A Kingdom, Chilling Winter Tales and The Keeper Of Lost Things.
- Jake had a hearing test.
- We met up with friends at the local park.
- I won some lovely prizes, a few books and a meal for two in Manchester.
- Daisy started gymnastics club.
- The kids spent lots of time playing in the garden.
- I went to a maths workshop in Jake’s class.
- The weather was nice enough for me to get lots of gardening done.
- We had a relaxing school holidays.
If you enjoyed this post you might like March At The Websters.