I’m not sure how it’s already time to set goals for February. January seems to have flown by but we still managed to meet every single one of our goals. I’m always more determined at the start of a new year, I just need to keep up the momentum now. February could prove to be an expensive month with the car’s MOT on the horizon. Thankfully I’ve spent January building up the savings which should hopefully cover any work that needs doing.
This month also includes half-term, I’ve been busy planning some frugal things for us to fill the week up with. I have a lot of big financial goals in mind for this year so it’s budgeting all the way for us.
FAMILY, FRUGAL & HOME GOALS FOR FEBRUARY
- Visit two new local parks, walks or forests.
- Practice writing Jake’s name with him.
- Play a board game as a family once a week.
- Go swimming.
- Celebrate Valentine’s day on a budget.
- Find three free local events or activities for half-term.
- Borrow some books from the library.
- Have 10 no-spend days.
- Freeze all leftovers so nothing goes to waste.
- Remember to use coupons and shopping apps.
- Look for some new online earning opportunities.
- Sort out and declutter the loft.
- Tidy the garden up (weather permitting).
- Make plans for decorating the bathroom and downstairs loo.
- Deep clean oven.
- Get the car through it’s MOT.
FOR MORE POSTS LIKE THIS SEE OUR FAMILY LIFESTYLE ARCHIVE.