Word Of The Week – Progress

This week has been all about small steps and progress. It’s also been about accepting limitations and working with them instead of fighting against them. That sounds quite deep for a Friday morning doesn’t it.

I found myself out of action for most of Monday and all of Tuesday much to my frustration. There are points in the month when extreme fatigue takes over and I’m forced to listen to my body and rest. As a productive person who thrives on being busy this isn’t easy to accept. After feeling sorry for myself I had a good chat with Chris. I came to realise that if I work with my limitations instead of trying to fight them I will recover a lot quicker. This is definite progress for me.

Progress has also been made in Jake’s bedroom this week. Chris has been working really hard, coming straight in from work and cracking on with the decorating. Usually the house being upside down while we decorate drives me nuts. This time however I’ve worked with it and it’s been so much easier.

I’ve been breaking the jobs that need doing around the house into smaller tasks. This has made it so much easier to actually get things done. In the past I had a really bad habit of trying to do too many things at once which resulted in burn-out. This year I’m determined to keep taking small steps, because even the smallest in the right direction is still progress.

You might enjoy my previous word of the week post, Fresh.

The Reading Residence

0 Shares

1. January 12th 2018 / 10:17 AM

Going with the flow and accepting limitations does often make them easier although it is frustrating to have to do so. Glad to hear the decorating is coming along well and hope you are feeling less fatigued now. #WotW

2. January 12th 2018 / 10:57 AM

Sounds like lots of progress. It is hard to slow down, but you do need to listen to your body and you’ll no doubt be more productive by doing so in the long term. I have to break projects down into small chunks, as I just want it all done now, which is rarely possible and just drives me mad! x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

3. January 12th 2018 / 2:00 PM

It sounds like rest was what you needed…It sounds like the taking things slow and steady is working well.
    #WotW

4. January 12th 2018 / 2:35 PM

I think that accepting your limitations is half the battle. Little and often is a great mantra and is often easier on us than going in all guns blazing, although I know from experience it’s sometimes easier said than done! #wotw

5. January 12th 2018 / 3:12 PM

I know how you feel about frustration but you are doing the right thing by listening to your body. Sometimes, it is good to have a rest, in actually, you can do a better job later on. Have a great weekend X #wotw

6. January 12th 2018 / 4:45 PM

Progressing is a constant thing in life, and it sounds like your week has had some learning curves because of that. We are constantly growing, evolving and progressing.

A wonderful weekend and week ahead to you!

7. January 12th 2018 / 8:50 PM

You have some good advice there which I think I also need to follow. I’m feeling so run down and tired this week and I think it’s because I’m trying to do too much at the same time #WotW

8. January 12th 2018 / 9:24 PM

This is something that I have had to learn, and it’s not an easy lesson. But we have to work within our limitations or we run the risk of burning ourselves out. I was always a ‘want it done now’ person, and my husbands laid back approach drove me nuts. Now, I understand that the only way I can get thing done is by doing it a little at a time. It sounds like you are in the same place, it’s not so bad x
    #wotw

9. January 12th 2018 / 9:36 PM

Its so hard to stop but its most wise to rest just so you can do more. #wotw

10. January 13th 2018 / 10:40 PM

Ah sorry to hear you have felt like this Angela, you are so right you need to listen to your body and be kinder to yourself. But that is so hard when you have a list and like keeping busy isn’t it? Do you know I am exactly the same when we decorate, I feel so much more stressed by the mess that the decorating. Hope you have a better week this week lovely lady x