Word of the Week – Routine

Despite my best intentions and the fact that I’m a born planner I just haven’t been able to get myself into a routine so far this year. With Jake starting nursery this week and after returning from holiday feeling refreshed I decided it’s time for some new routines.

I’ve gone right back to basics using my planner and my bullet journal to help plan out my time better. Of course any routine has to have some flexibility when you have a family. I really do believe that for me and my family routine is key for a happier home.

Jake for the time being is going to nursery 5 afternoons a week. I’ve been making the most of those afternoons by sitting at my desk and getting back into the swing of things. I have let lots of things fall by the wayside recently. So I’m catching up and reassessing and it feels good.

I have looked at how I can improve our morning and evening routine to avoid the chaos. Despite trying to be organised we are always scrambling round at last-minute. Starting with simple things like laying out clothes for the following day is already making a big difference.

I had been searching for that spark to reignite my motivation. I now realise the answer lay in simply going back to basics. I’m following a routine and getting stuff done.

The Reading Residence

1. mummy here and here June 16, 2017 / 10:17 am

It is hard to get our a funk but going back to baby steps really helps X #wotw

2. Anne June 16, 2017 / 11:00 am

Routines are important, they always make me feel better. I also like having everything planned but my life can be so chaotic sometimes even the best laid plans fall by the wayside. Good luck with your new routines x #wotw

3. Cheryl | TimeToCraft June 16, 2017 / 11:07 am

I should revisit my routine. I think you are right about going back to basics and using a technique that has worked in the past. I’m sure you will get there. #wotw

4. The Reading Residence June 16, 2017 / 6:53 pm

You just can’t beat going back to basics, really helps clear the head to plan like this and routine keeps everything on track. Glad it’s working for you x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

5. Jane - Our Little Escapades June 18, 2017 / 8:11 pm

I have been trying to get into some sort of routine for the past five years. Everything I think there might be a chance to it doesn’t happen. I hope your new routine goes well #WotW
    Jane – Our Little Escapades recently posted…My Sunday PhotoMy Profile

6. Louise (Little Hearts, Big Love) June 21, 2017 / 10:48 am

Having a good routine makes such a difference. Ours has been thrown a lot over the last few weeks and I’m feeling quite disorganised because of it. Glad to hear your routine is helping you get stuff done again. #WotW