Science, especially if it involves an experiment or two is always a welcome activity at our house. The kids learn lots about science at school and always come home buzzing about the lessons they’ve had. They love learning all about how things work and if there’s a chance to get messy in the process all the better. A Beaker Creatures Liquid Reactor Super Lab by Learning Resources arrived for us to review and excitement levels were high.
With the Beaker Creatures Liquid Reactor Lab you can play scientist to extract, identify and explore the surprise Beaker Creatures, collectibles from another planet. The 15 piece set includes:
- 2 Reactor Pods with Beaker Creatures inside
- 1 Base
- 2 Beakers
- 2 Hydroplungers
- 1 Set of tongs
- 1 Stir rod
- 2 Classification cards
- 2 Mini-posters
- 1 Full size poster
- 1 Experiment guide
Setting up the lab was quick and easy, it only took me a couple of minutes and it wasn’t long before it was time for the mini-scientists to get to work.
The first task for the mini-scientists involved dropping their chosen reactor pods into the chamber, look at that concentration on Jake’s face. Daisy couldn’t wait to see what would happen, she said the reactor pods were just like bath bombs and she hoped they would fizz. Jake loves any activity that involves water so he was very excited about the next part.
They carefully filled the hydroplungers with water from their beakers, they did need a little help from mummy to place them back into the pumps. Pressing down the hydroplungers to pump the liquid into the chamber was lots of fun.
Jake was delighted when the reactor pod started to fizz and bubble as the chamber filled with liquid. This can get incredibly messy, so I’m pleased that the set included an overflow tray.
Next came the really exciting part, it was time to extract the Beaker Creatures and use the classification card to identify them. There are 35 creatures to collect, with 5 special 24 carat creatures to find too if you are lucky.
Jake found one of the Frostonians called Cubey in his reactor pod and Daisy found the super cute Calamari from the Oceanites. The kids definitely want to collect lots more creatures, they are all so colourful and I love that you need to use the classification cards to find out which one you have got.
Inside the lab’s experiment guide there are some other real world science experiment ideas to do. They all sound really good and we will definitely be testing some of them out soon.
What We Loved About Beaker Creatures Liquid Reactor Super Lab
- How easy the super lab is to assemble
- The surprise collectible element of the experiment
- That the experiment and equipment was really easy for the kids to use themselves
- Cute Beaker Creatures with their own personalities
- The fizzing of the reactor pods
- That it teaches science and STEM in a fun way
If you would like the chance to win a Beaker Creatures Liquid Reactor Super Lab you can enter the giveaway below using the gleam app. Make sure you come back daily for an extra bonus entry. Have a read the terms and conditions and good luck with your entry.
Terms & Conditions
- Entrants must be over 18 years old.
- Open to UK entries only.
- The Closing date is 03.12.2018 11.59pm.
- The prize is a Beaker Creatures Liquid Reactor Super Lab game as stated above.
- The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries and contacted by email.
- The winner has 14 days to respond failure to do so will result in a new winner being selected.
- Winner must allow 28 working days for delivery of prize.
Disclosure: We were sent Beaker Creatures Liquid Reactor Super Lab free for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.