As I type this post we are mere days away from being half way through the year ! How on earth did that happen, January feels like it was just yesterday. May has been a pretty mixed month, some of it great and some not so great. I suppose that’s what life is made of, highs and lows and ups and downs. I’ve definitely learned more than ever in May to take the rough with the smooth.
I do sometimes include the not so good stuff but I’m keeping it positive this month. There has been too much doom and gloom in May and I want to focus on the good stuff instead.
Here’s what we got up to in May.
- We celebrated Jake turning 3 with a day out and a little tea party at home.
- Daisy got a headteacher award for always giving 100% in everything she does.
- We sold lots of things from around our house which gave our savings a nice boost.
- I went to Blog On conference in Manchester.
- We spent lots of time in the garden enjoying the beautiful sunny weather.
- Chris and I celebrated 5 years of marriage.
- I decluttered like a crazy person (again).
- We went to a literacy workshop in Daisy’s class.
- Daisy got 100% attendance at school for the term.
- Jake got an early place at nursery, he starts in less than 2 weeks.
- We visited a new soft play centre which turned out to be really good.
- I made lots of lists and plans for the rest of the year.
- Chris joined the gym and is really enjoying going.
- We watched far too many hours of Netflix.
- Daisy had a sight test (results to follow).
- We had some great Frugal wins.
June starts off with us going on our first family holiday. Jake will start nursery and I can finally get back on track with work. I will also be working hard on planning for the second half of the year.