November was such a busy month for us here. Every weekend was filled to the brim with things to do and places to go.
I’ve spent a lot of time in November cleaning the house in time for the festive season. I like to take it easy in December so I can enjoy the festive season without getting stressed.
November turned out to be full of highs and lows. But it’s ending on a high note with us putting the Christmas tree up. We also achieved all our monthly goals with a couple of days of the month left to spare.
I can’t say that November has been very frugal but we make up for it the rest of the year so I think we deserve a little splurge every now and again.
- We celebrated bonfire night with fireworks, family, beef casserole and Oreo chocolate cake that my sister-in-law made.
- Daisy got a fantastic report at parents evening, she’s enjoying school and progressing well.
- I missed out on the Ideal Home show as my partner in crime was poorly on the plus side it saved me some (a lot) money.
- I went for a meal with the local compers, it’s always lovely to meet up with like minded souls.
- We had a tea party at Daisy’s school to celebrate a teddy bears birthday.
- We reduced the washing loads by being careful about putting clean clothes in the laundry basket.
- We were given some great free stuff by friends and from Freecycle, I will do a round up post soon.
- My partner in crime (a.k.a Lisa) introduced me to Ena Mill which you could describe as bargain Yankee Candle heaven.
- We celebrated my daughter’s 18th birthday with a meal at Frankie & Benny’s.
- We celebrated my 38th birthday with black forest gateaux and I was spoiled with lovely gifts.
- Daisy dressed up as her favourite super hero for Children In Need, Hello Kitty Bat Girl.
- I’ve indulged in my creativity with bullet journaling and smash booking, just need to remember I’m frugal and stay off Etsy !
- I spent the day shopping with my biggest girl (bargains of course) we had some much needed mum and daughter time without little distractions.
- FrugalMrW and I wrapped all the Christmas presents last night and not an argument in sight over lost sellotape this year !
- FrugalMrW made some lovely profit with his matched betting.
- We achieved every goal on our November list just in time.