It’s been three months since I last wrote a monthly goals list on the blog, I really didn’t think it had been that long. I think it’s time to get back on track with our goals, there are just four months of this year left and I still have lots of things I want to do.
Since we came back from our holiday in June I’ve found it really hard to stay motivated. I decided to take most of the summer holidays off working on the blog and I think it’s done me the world of good. I always see September as the perfect time for a fresh start so I’m going to use this month to make some changes I’ve been putting off and use it as an opportunity to get firmly back on track.
Here are our family, frugal and home goals for September 2019.
- Celebrate our grandson’s 5th birthday
- Visit two National Trust properties (make better use of our membership)
- Use our free cinema tickets to watch a movie together
- Go to Knowsley Safari Park (using the family ticket I won in a competition)
- Make an Autumn bucket list
- Cook or bake together once a week
- Visit a museum
- Meal plan and prep every Sunday
- Check Freegle, Freecycle, and Olio daily
- Keep line drying instead of using the tumble dryer (weather permitting)
- Check online earning survey sites and apps every day
- Enter competitions for Christmas presents
- Put £70 into Christmas savings
- Look for five new earning opportunities
- Reduce food waste by freezing all leftovers
- Declutter bedrooms and paperwork
- Pack away summer clothes
- Clear weeds and dead plants from the gardens
- Deep clean the kitchen (including oven)
- Clean window sills, freshen curtains and make sure everywhere is draught-proof
I think that’s enough goals to be getting on with if you set yourself monthly goals I would love to hear about them. Leave me a comment or a link to your goals if you are a fellow blogger.