The best thing about setting goals every month is that they serve as great motivation. They also really help with the endless to-do list that runs through my brain every day. July was a very busy month so we didn’t meet many of our goals. That’s perfectly okay though, I will just re-add them to this months list.
August will be a much slower paced month with lots of time to relax and do things in our own time. Weekdays will be spent keeping the kids entertained, in the evenings I will work. A couple of the weekends have been earmarked for decorating and home improvement. The rest of the time we will be working through our summer bucket list.
Here are our family, frugal and home goals for August.
- Work through our summer bucket list.
- Have 2 family days out.
- Celebrate my eldest son’s 18th birthday.
- Plan our Autumn bucket list.
- Continue focusing on our health.
- Have 2 spend free days a week.
- Sell some things we are not using.
- Make a budget for Christmas spending.
- Look at changing energy suppliers.
- Organise financial files (paper & digital).
- Check survey sites and earning opportunities daily.
- Finish decorating the living room.
- Paint kitchen & downstairs loo.
- Continue sorting out and decluttering the whole house.
- Deep clean windows and sills.
- Weed, mow and maintain the gardens.
- Deep clean the bathroom.