Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links see our disclosure policy for more information.
The first quarter of the year is over and I’m really happy with the progress we have already made with our goals. I’ve got a good feeling about our goals April, it’s a great month to have a Spring clean. Spring cleaning doesn’t just apply to those household chores it also applies to your finances and any other areas of your life that need a good shake up.
We didn’t get out as a family as much as we wanted to in March so I’m hoping we can make it for that in April. Now we have a National Trust membership I want us to visit at least three of their properties this month. I’m happy with our frugal progress this year so far but I definitely want to ramp it up this month.
Our family holiday is just on the horizon and I want to make some extra money to go towards that.
Here are our family, frugal and home goals for April 2019.
- Visit three National Trust properties
- Go to the cinema
- Have an Easter egg hunt
- Do some Easter craft activities
- Go swimming
- Have a picnic
- Make a Spring bucket list
- Go to a museum or art exhibition
- Use the washing line as much as possible
- Keep the heating turned off
- Stick to a weekly meal plan and shopping list
- Look for free local Easter activities and events
- Check all online earning and survey sites daily
- Find some new online earning opportunities
- Freeze all leftovers
- Enter competitions for days out and attractions
- Deep clean the oven
- Clean the front door
- Tidy gardens and plant some new lavender bushes
- Empty and refill planters
- Deep clean all the bedrooms
- Sort, file and shred household paperwork
- Clean all the inside windows and sills
- Fix or replace sink and bath plugs in bathroom