September is finally here, it’s one of my favourite months of the year. I always see September as a fresh start, a bit like new years day. The new school year starts, Autumn is in the air and everything just feels a whole lot better.
August has absolutely flown by but we did manage to tick lots of our goals off. Jake starts full-time school this month which means I will have lots more time to work on our goals. I’m in full on make money for Christmas mode now. There’s also lots of little projects around the house I would like to get done this month too.
Here are out family, frugal and home goals for September.
- Celebrate our grandsons 4th birthday.
- Enjoy an overnight spa break (just me).
- Visit a farm.
- Make our Autumn bucket list.
- Go swimming.
- Visit a local forest.
- Go to the museum.
- Check survey sites and money apps every day.
- Have 5 no spend days.
- Apply for free offers and discounts for days out.
- Enter competitions daily for Christmas presents.
- Stick to a meal plan and use up what we have.
- Walk more instead of using the car.
- Keep the heating turned off.
- Freshen up paintwork in the bathroom.
- Clean front door and touch up the paint work on the porch.
- Deep clean the oven.
- Put the garden toys into storage.
- Keep the gardens tidy.
- Continue to declutter.