Word Of The Week – Confidence

Last year was all about having the confidence to step outside of my comfort zone personally, this year it’s about doing the same but professionally. I love being able to work from home but it needs to become more lucrative than it has been in the past. This week I found the confidence to try some new earning opportunities that I have spent years avoiding.

I decided to give mystery shopping another go this week, I did try it years ago but didn’t like it. This time I was determined and made sure I went in prepared. I studied the brief, made notes and went for it. The funny thing is after years of putting it off and missing out on a lot of potential income, I really enjoyed myself. It’s definitely something I want to do lots more of from now on.

Another thing I’ve avoided are survey interviews where you have to speak to an actual researcher by Skype or telephone. Recently I had an email from a brand I had previously purchased from who asked for Skype interview. I finally had the confidence to agree and of course the £50 incentive helped greatly. It’s definitely something I’m going to do again, it was a really good experience.

There’s so much more I want to try this year to push myself professionally. I feel like I’ve made a big step in the right direction already.

You might enjoy my previous word of the week post, Progress.

The Reading Residence

1. January 19th 2018 / 10:01 AM

Go you! That is fantastic.
    Mystery shopping always sounds like a lot of fun! £50 for a Skype interview is fantastic. x

2. January 19th 2018 / 11:27 AM

Oh well done, those are two things that I don’t have confidence in at all! I was once on the other end of a secret shopper and they were so impressed with me I actually won a prize as the best assistant of all the stores visited. I won a cake and a bottle of champagne. 🙂 (and I’m going back about 30 years with this memory, lol)

3. January 19th 2018 / 12:45 PM

Those are big steps, well done for taking them. Funnily enough, a friend of mine has given mystery shopping a go this week too, and she enjoyed it. I hope your new ventures continue to go well x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

4. January 19th 2018 / 5:00 PM

Ooooo u am glad to hear that the opportunities gave gone well. Having an incentive keeps you motivated to carry on X #wotw

• January 21st 2018 / 8:17 AM

Having an incentive really does help x

5. January 20th 2018 / 7:22 AM

This is great to hear Angela – I hope many more opportunities arise from this confidence. A happy weekend to you #WotW

6. January 20th 2018 / 12:22 PM

Good for you! hope you get lots more opportunities!

7. January 21st 2018 / 4:28 PM

Ah Angela this is amazing, go you! I bet mystery shopping is amazing like being a shopping detective so much fun being payed to shop. Well done for going for it, and once you start pushing your boundaries your confidence grows with it, have a lovely week x

8. January 22nd 2018 / 9:25 PM

The saying feel the fear and do it anyway comes to mind. Keep experimenting and having fun. #WotW

9. January 24th 2018 / 11:52 AM

Well done to you for stepping out of your comfort zone and having the confidence to give things like this a go. Mystery shopping sounds like a fun thing to do. #WotW