Word Of The Week – Nice

There’s no better word to sum up this week than nice. It’s been half term week for us and Chris has been off work too which has been just lovely. The week started off with the fantastic news that our car had passed its MOT. It was one of those moments of utter relief. I think the positivity of that news set us in the right frame of mind to enjoy a really nice week together.

Despite not really having any plans for the week we have still had lots of fun. To start the half term celebrations, Chris arranged our living room into our very own movie theatre. The kids absolutely loved it, they happily munched on popcorn whilst watching the emoji movie.

The kids got to enjoy some time on their bikes in the garden for the first time this year. We have also had a few local days out to the tree of imagination and a new, to us park we haven’t visited before. I had an eye test in town on Thursday which I combined with a visit to a free craft for kids session at the local museum. All of the things we’ve done this week have been budget friendly too which makes me very happy indeed.

There’s also been lots of fun at home with toys and science experiments to review much to the kids delight. I’ve had quite a lot of work to do in between so it’s been nice to have Chris there to take the reins when I’ve needed to sneak away to my desk upstairs.

Chris and I have also enjoyed some late night binge watching of Grey’s Anatomy this week. We don’t often get to indulge in a late night as we are usually both up early for school and work.

All in all it’s been absolutely lovely to spend some time together before the madness of school and work start again on Monday.

You might enjoy my previous word of the week post, Anticipation.

The Reading Residence

0 Shares

1. February 23rd 2018 / 9:42 AM

Sounds like you’ve had a lovely half-term. I love the sound of turning your living room into a mini cinema – what a fun way to start half-term. Glad that your car passed its MOT too 🙂 #WotW

2. February 23rd 2018 / 10:01 AM

That does sound like a very nice week, glad you’ve all had a good one. I do love half term! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

3. February 23rd 2018 / 11:12 AM

Aww! What a wonderful half term you have had….
    My fella had the week off for our half term too and it really did help share the work. x

4. February 23rd 2018 / 12:32 PM

It is lovely to just have some downtown, sounds like an ace week, I bet it is lovely to get to go in the garden X #wotw

5. February 23rd 2018 / 1:07 PM

It sounds like you’ve had a lovely holiday, I love the home cinema idea, I’ve been meaning to try that myself. I love museum activities, especially because they are kind to the purse. I hope you enjoy your weekend before the holiday is over x
    #wotw

6. February 24th 2018 / 2:23 PM

Sounds like a lovely week Angela, I bet the kids loved the movie evening ? And the weather has been perfect for half term, especially for riding bikes and visiting parks x

7. February 24th 2018 / 7:58 PM

It sounds like you’ve had a lovely half term. Isn’t it nice that the weathers picking up now so you can get out on bike rides and enjoying the sunshine #wotw

8. February 25th 2018 / 8:05 AM

Yep thats a real nice week right there! Cinema like home sounds dreamy too! =) #wotw

9. February 26th 2018 / 11:02 AM

It sure does sound like a nice week all in all – glad to hear that the half term was a lovely one for you & your family. #WotW

10. February 28th 2018 / 8:32 PM

It’s wonderful that your car has passed and you’ve done lots of lovely things together. #WotW

11. March 1st 2018 / 11:22 AM

It sounds like you had a lovely half term together. I love how you all watched the movie together #WotW