Setting goals isn’t something I only reserve for the new year, every month I like to sit down with Chris and plan the month ahead. I’ve always found that setting ourselves small achievable goals each month helps to keep us focussed and on track. Of course we have long-term goals that we work towards each year too along with seasonal bucket lists that we like to put together as a family.
I’m a planner, I thrive on organisation and although it’s not everyone’s cup of tea it’s certainly something I enjoy doing. January is the perfect month to set some new goals and it’s definitely a month that I feel really motivated in. Look out for a post in the next few days about my long-term plans for 2019, we have lots of financial goals we want to smash this year.
Here are our family, frugal and home goals for January 2019.
- Visit two local parks or forests
- Go swimming
- Visit the library
- Have a family games night
- Make a Winter bucket list
- Donate to a good cause as a family
- Get outdoors as much as possible
- Make a meal plan
- Have 7 no spend days
- Upload all receipts to Receipt Hog & Shoppix apps (we can both earn an extra 200 tokens if you use my referral code 5LMGDT9M when signing up for Shoppix)
- Look for free family activities locally
- Check for online earning opportunities daily
- Complete online surveys as soon as they land in my inbox
- Look for a new energy supplier
- Change mobile phone tariff to save money
- Tidy up the garden, sweep dried leaves and dig out dead plants
- Declutter the paperwork in each room
- Deep clean the upstairs bathroom
- Take donations to charity shop and rubbish to the tip.
- Deep clean the oven
- Give the vacuum a wash and deep clean
Disclosure: This post contains referral links see our disclosure policy for more information.