Word Of The Week – Tired

I couldn’t think of a more perfect word for this week than tired. Those dreaded coughs and colds have finally caught us with us all causing plenty of sleepless nights. We’ve spent most nights playing musical beds just to try to get a restful night.

I can’t really complain too much as we seem to have got away with mild colds and not the awful flu that’s going round.

Despite being tired I think we’ve all coped pretty well. The kids have still happily gone to school and Chris has got on with decorating Daisy’s bedroom. I’ve kept up with housework, blog work and general life admin. I think all the naps we’ve managed to sneak in throughout the day have helped immensely.

I think once the decorating is finished and the coughing and sneezing has eased we will all be catching up on sleep with lots of early nights.

Still on the subject of tired, isn’t it funny how you once you start decorating you notice how much the rest of your rooms need refreshing. I’ve been making notes and planning how we can do mini room makeovers on a budget.

I think this weekend will definitely involve lots of resting, snoozing and recuperating.

You might enjoy my previous word of the week post,Ā Confidence.

The Reading Residence

1. January 26th 2018 / 11:31 AM

Oh dear, not a good week. Sounds like you’ve all managed to keep going, hope you all get some much-needed sleep over the weekend x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

2. January 26th 2018 / 12:09 PM

Oh no! I hope you all feel better soon….It sounds like you have all coped well with having colds. I hope you have a restful weekend x

3. January 26th 2018 / 12:20 PM

I’m sorry you’ve been ill, I hope you have a more peaceful week next week and catch up on that much needed sleep x
    #wotw

4. January 26th 2018 / 1:10 PM

Although ill, it sounds like your week had carried on a productive manner – wishing you all a restful weekend & speedy recovery! #WotW

5. January 26th 2018 / 3:04 PM

once you start decorating it never ends does it? When you are all ill like that you go onto auto pilot dont you? And I need sleeps when the boys are ill and coughing i sleep with one ear open. Hope you are all feeling a bit healthier this week x

6. January 26th 2018 / 7:29 PM

I hope you all feel better soon and get to catch up on your sleep. We have to do some much in this house. I need to do some saving first #WotW

7. January 27th 2018 / 2:30 PM

Aww get well soon! We are tired here too. That one rainy day that caught us unprepared made us sickly as well. #wotw

8. January 28th 2018 / 2:37 PM

Hope everyone is feeling better. Decorating does tend to breed jobs doesn’t it!

9. January 29th 2018 / 10:07 PM

You’ve got me keen to see photos of your daughters room now. Rooms can be rather expensive to makeover that it’s certainly worth comparing prices before you shell out. #WotW

10. January 30th 2018 / 9:09 PM

Hope you are all starting to feel better and managed to get some more sleep over the weekend. Playing musical beds is never fun. Sounds like the decorating is going well – it does make you notice other areas that need doing though! Good luck with trying to plan all the mini makeovers šŸ™‚ #WotW